What tickles your fancy?
Obviously you have good taste! The Mansion Melbourne has recently undergone total renovations, so she’s now as fancy on the inside, as the out. After all, our special guests deserve to enjoy the comforts they crave. First-time and female travellers look no further; feel safe and secure with swipe card access, ladies-only rooms and cosy community vibes. Featuring rooms over three levels, connected by a grand double spiral staircase and high ceilings, we know we will tickle your fancy.
Each room style has its own flavour, but all rooms have:
- Free, high-speed wi-fi
- New bunk beds with a privacy curtain
- Luscious thick mattresses and pillows fit for a princess
- Private bed light and powerpoint
- Swipe card access
- Ceiling fans (Air-conditioning on the top floor)
- Heating to keep you snug in winter
- Light and bright bedrooms
- Recycling and daily housekeeping service
- 7 Share • From $30Book Your Bed
The Rumpus Room
Ever seen a grand staircase at the bottom of a few pints? Let me tell you; it’s not a pretty sight. Located close to the bar and common areas on the ground floor, your evening stroll to bed is easier than getting your morning latte.
heavy sleepers, wallet watchers, feeling lazy
- 7 share • from $34Book Your Bed
Are you seeking redemption from the power of a late night? Find salvation in our middle of the range, seven-bed sleeper. These rooms are that perfect run-of-the-mill dorm, fit for a regular traveller, or anyone really.
Redemption seekers, regular travellers
- 7 share • ladies • from $34Book Your Bed
Ladies, we hear you! We all deserve a boudoir; a lovely room designed just for us. No gentlemen allowed, these rooms ready for sleeping, dressing, relaxing, and perhaps entertaining.
Ladies, budget-conscious, relaxers
- 12 Share • AC • From $36Book Your Bed
The Great Hall
This is the largest room in The Mansion and designed for the seasoned traveller. More people equals more fun, right? This room sports a fancy air conditioner, so you and your eleven new friends can brag at breakfast about how well you slept on that 40-degree night.
Seasoned backpackers, AC lovers
- 4 Share • from $38Book Your Bed
Take the grand spiral staircase up one level, and you’ll find a quiet, bright, cozy space for you to rest. With only four beds, this is the perfect room if you enjoy a bit of peace and quiet from time to time.
Crowd avoiders, the quiet life, digital nomads
- 6 Share • AC • From $38Book Your Bed
On the top floor, you’ll find the cushy 6-bed dorms, equipped with air-con so you can spend your night dreaming instead of sweating. You might have to walk up a few stairs to get there, but it’s well worth it and good exercise.
Cush Kings, Dreamers, Chillers
- 6 Share • Ladies • AC • From $42Book Your Bed
You don’t have to be high maintenance to upgrade to the upper class. The Parlour is fit for the lush ladies who deserve nothing less than all the essentials. It has aircon and colourful decor. As well as those things you left at home (hair straightener, hairdryer, full-length mirror, etc. This room is created for comfort.
Lush Ladies, comfort cravers, cash splashers
- Double bed • AC • From $110Book Your Bed
Small and basic, or cosy and comfortable? The Private Chambers are located at the far end of each wing on the top floor. Perfect for couples or those who like privacy by night and social vibes by day. This room has a TV, towels included and of course climate control.
Couples, need some alone time
Ready for the lush life?Book your Bed
When a typical hostel won’t do
- A grand, heritage-listed building, in the heart of Melbourne
- Free Wi-Fi throughout; perfect for streaming Netflix
- Around the clock reception at your service day and night
- Bar & Café open seven days for your drinking and eating pleasure
- Kitchen and family dining room. Dinner party anyone?
- TV Lounge much like yours at home
- Outdoor garden and BBQ (a rare find in the CBD)
- Thrive on connection? Get involved in our free events
- Lots of super clean shared and private bathrooms
- Guest laundry (but the butler is on long service leave)
- Work to do? Digital nomads love our co-working spaces
- Luggage storage on arrival and departure